Thursday, March 22, 2012

check if im reading cached data or hitting disks

I am running a query that returns more than 15 million rows.. If i run it
more than once, I want to know if the second run is being accessed directly
from cache or am I still hitting the disks just in case I am short of memory
or a combination of both ?
The query is a select statement and nothing more..
Look in BOL for SET STATISTICS IO ON / OFF
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
http://www.sqlserver2005.de
"Hassan" <fatima_ja@.hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:O7Y$wCLRFHA.508@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I am running a query that returns more than 15 million rows.. If i run it
> more than once, I want to know if the second run is being accessed
> directly
> from cache or am I still hitting the disks just in case I am short of
> memory
> or a combination of both ?
> The query is a select statement and nothing more..
>

No comments:

Post a Comment