Sunday, March 25, 2012

Check null value of long data type

Hi, I have a record set that is bound to a table in MS SQL Server. One
filed in the table is bound to a "long" type member variable in the
RecordSet. What will happen to the "long" variable when the field is
NULL in the table?
Thanks!
-YiYi (huskerchen@.hotmail.com) writes:
> Hi, I have a record set that is bound to a table in MS SQL Server. One
> filed in the table is bound to a "long" type member variable in the
> RecordSet. What will happen to the "long" variable when the field is
> NULL in the table?

I will have to admit that I am out on a limb, but I would expect
IsNull to be true for this field.

The simplest is probably just to make an experiment.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar@.algonet.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment