Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Check Privs

Hi all,

I have an webapplication and I want to let the app check the privileges of the user logged in. with that info the app must show some functions of the system and hide others.

I want to know if somenthing like this is possible and how I can do It

PS.
MySQL has a table with users, tables and the privileges those users had on that table and you could just use a select statement to shwo them.
(Is something like this also possible in SQL server 2k)

thnx in advanceEY guys, a big part of my app is this security issue.
If someone knows if this is possible and how to do this or any kind of information, plz tell me.

if you think I want to do something impossible tell me also then I can resign from this assignment ;)|||Hi,
I need some help with logical thinking.

I can retrieve the permissions allowed to a user or role. but if I grant a role an action let's say delete and grant an user to that role I can't retrieve the permission to delete for that user.

What I want to do is to use an own Sproc and sp_helprotect and sp_helpuser to put the retrieved permissions in a table and check the members of a particilar role. then I want to let the aplication get the retrieved information from that table.
because I can't get the output value of a sproc in my application (asp.net), I think this is the best option.

But I don't know if this is wise or not to do like this.
So I ask if somebody knows a better way.

PS.The only thing I can get from the sproc to my app is the Rows affected and the result of a select query

No comments:

Post a Comment